There are not nearly enough hours in the day.
I met my self-imposed 2000 word quota for Book 2 today, but am no closer to deciding on a title for it. As of this very moment, I have 252 unopened emails in my inbox to read, mostly new posts from blogs I follow. I haven’t tweeted in two days (though I continue to amass more followers) and still have just 54 likes on my Facebook page. I would ask you to ‘like’ me too, but nearly all of my blog traffic comes from those 54 folks, so, if you are reading this, chances are high you already do. If not, I do a happy dance every time I get a new like. Hint, hint.
I really may have to re-think my workload. At this pace, I see no possible way to get caught up until sometime next year. This is how my days are stacking up lately.
- 6:30 AM-7:15 AM Wake up, feed the cat (she bitches until someone puts kibble in her bowl), make
breakfastcoffee, wake up daughter
- 7:15 AM-8:15 AM Take daughter to school, think about plot for Book 2 on the drive home
- 8:15 AM-9:00 AM Get back home, have second cup of coffee, research Medieval European history, wish I had paid more attention to this stuff in school
- 9:00 AM-12:00 PM Get to my day job (I am very fortunate to work from home, so my commute is short)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM Write for an hour
- 1:00 PM-6:00 PM Go back to my day job
- 6:00 PM-8:00 PM Dinner and family time
- 8:00 PM-10:00 PM Write for one hour, blog, catch up on emails and network for the other
- 10:00 PM-11:00 PM Watch Breaking Bad with hubby
- 11:00 PM-12:00 PM Read in the tub for half an hour and spend some quality time with hubby before falling asleep
- 12:00 PM-6:30 PM Sleep, if I’m lucky dream things worthy of writing down
What does your day look like? When do you find time to do the things you are passionate about?